The state announced Tuesday morning that Indiana’s unemployment rate for June 2010 increased slightly (not statistically significant) by 0.1 percent to 10.1%, up from the May 2010 rate of 10%.
- County with highest unemployment: Fayette at 14.0%
- County with lowest unemployment: Elkhart at 13.6%
According to the Indiana Dept. of Workforce Development (DWD), “Indiana’s economy added thousands of jobs in retail, manufacturing and finance, but those gains did not overcome a drop in hiring by temporary staffing companies.”
Indiana’s unemployment rate in June 2009 was 10.8%.
Also available from DWD:
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)
- Seasonally-Adjusted Employment Table for Indiana
- Non-Seasonally-Adjusted Employment Table for Indiana
- Detail Employment Listing – Statewide & MSAs
Click here to view a complete list of June 2010 U.S. unemployment numbers.