The Indiana Dept. of Workforce Development (DWD) announced Tuesday morning that Indiana’s unemployment rate for October 2010 dropped by 0.2 percent to 9.9 percent, down from the September 2010 rate of 10.1 percent. Although Indiana experienced a slight decrease, the state continues to lag behind the national unemployment rate of 9.6 percent.
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Elkhart 12.9%
- County with the lowest unemployment rates: Daviess 5.5%
Also available from DWD:
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Job Report (CES)
- Seasonally-Adjusted Employment Table for Indiana
- Non-Seasonally-Adjusted Employment Table for Indiana
- Detail Employment Listing – Statewide & MSAs
Click here for a complete list of the October 2010 unemployment numbers.