On Friday, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for February 2011 dropped below 9% for the first time since December 2008. The Hoosier unemployment rate now stands at 8.8%, down 0.3% from January’s rate of 9.1%.
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Vermillion 13.7%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Daviess 5.7%
Indiana’s unemployment rate now rests just below the U.S. rate of 8.9%, and continues to stand lower than neighboring states Illinois (8.9%), Ohio (9.2%), Kentucky (10.4%) and Michigan (10.4%).
Also available from DWD:
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs report (CES):