On Tuesday, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for December 2011 remained at 9 percent, while the U.S. rate declined from a revised 8.7 percent to 8.5 percent.
Indiana’s unemployment rate remains lower than neighboring states Illinois (9.8 percent), Kentucky (9.1 percent) and Michigan (9.3 percent) however, is now higher than the unemployment rate in Ohio (8.1 percent).
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Fayette 12.3%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Dubois 5.9%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)