On Friday, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate for June 2012 rose slightly to 8.0 percent. Indiana’s unemployment rate continues to sit below the U.S. rate of 8.2 percent. Ohio’s unemployment rate of 7.2 percent remained nearly a full percentage point below Indiana’s while Michigan (8.6 percent), Illinois (8.7 percent) and Kentucky (8.2 percent) all remained higher.
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Fayette – 11.4%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Daviess – 5.8%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)