On Tuesday, the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced that Indiana’s unemployment rate declined from 8.2 percent in September to 8.0 percent for October 2012. Indiana’s unemployment rate continues to run higher than the U.S. rate which increased slightly to 7.9 percent. Ohio’s unemployment rate of 6.9 percent stood more than a full percentage point below Indiana’s while Michigan (9.1 percent), Illinois (8.8 percent) and Kentucky (8.4 percent) remained higher.
- County with the highest unemployment rate: Sullivan- 10.3%
- County with the lowest unemployment rate: Dubois – 4.8%
Employment Report (LAUS)
- Labor Force Estimates for U.S., Indiana, MSAs, Counties, Cities
- Ranking of Indiana Counties by Unemployment Rate
- Indiana County Map with Unemployment Rates
Jobs Report (CES)